Jeanies blog

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am a lampworker and jewellery designer and this blog will be reflect what's going on in my glassy life as well as anything interesting happening which seems to be worth talking about.

Friday 7 May 2010

its all good

I have been busy making a commission for my sister for which I have made my own lampwork beads. It is really exciting choosing beads I have made myself for my jewellery designs. I have been having a great time torching and since getting my kiln am really starting to do well.
Have some lovely new glass to play with and some great beads from other people on the frit happens forum. I love the forum, and have learned so much from it.

We have some new jewellery in Green and Pink in the Elements Centre Livingston. Also we now have 3 Craft fairs at Christmas time, 2 in Linlithgow in September and December and the regular one in November. I love the West Lothian craft fairs they are so much fun. I am starting to plan what new pieces to make already.

On the home front, we now have a garden. What was a jungle which we had to enter at our own risk is now dug over and could be called a garden! I have planted tatties, onions and have carrot, leek, courgette and parsnip seeds started. I have a herb garden and some lovely floories. My mum's a keen gardener and I am always asking her advice. Hoping to post some pics soon, doesn't look too much just now but an awful lot better than it was before.


I am going to start following other blogs and have signed up for facebook, only to watch a video of the flameoff but I am now stuck there although I dont post much.

Anyways, that's me done now and am away to tidy up my workroom, put away my beady stuff and return the table to some kind of order so I can torch!

No comments:

Post a Comment